Medical Cannabis – is it the new wonder drug of the future?
A brief History of Cannabis use for Medicinal purposes:
Cannabis has been used as a medicine since ancient times. In modern history it was used extensively in pharmacy formulations and products in the early 19th century.
Today, Cannabis is now legal in a number of countries around the world and is being used as a medicine. With its recent resurgence many Scientific studies are being undertaken to determine the effectiveness in certain specific disease states.
Paul Mavor is a pharmacist who has been researching the potential of medicinal cannabis as a treatment for several years. Paul will discuss his journey from a cannabis sceptic several years ago to being a major advocate for the medical use of cannabis as a treatment option.
Paul Mavor will discuss topics including
- -Cannabis safety statistics compared to other drugs.
- -Where cannabis sits on the addiction scale.
- -THC levels of smoked versus oral.
- -Indications for medicinal cannabis and the evidence base so far.
- -Research into new medical uses.
- -Dosage forms.
- -What is happening in other countries.
- -Access in Australia.
Come and join in the discussion and bring your questions!