– for a cool Autumn day
There is nothing more comforting than to come home to a delicious warm bowl of soup on a cold wet winter’s day.
- 4-6 tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 celery stalk (cut to approx. 5cm lengths)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 2 carrots (cut into half)
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 liter of water or stock (chicken or vegetable)
- Chilli sauce, salt and pepper to taste
- Dice tomatoes and sauté using a little butter or oil in saucepan on stove top until softened.
- Puree – Blend ingredients in food processor on slow setting or with hand blender.
- Place ingredients from the bowl into a pot with the water/stock and a few drops of chilli sauce.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for another 15 – 20 minutes.
Serve and garnish with basil leaves and some fresh buttered or toasted bread.
- Add macadamia nuts to add a a nutty and fibrous texture
- Add leek or onion
- Garnish served soup with coriander or parsley.
- To make it creamy add milk or cream or even a dob of sour cream.